Jamaica Increases Trademark Fees
There weren’t many updates to trademark fees this week, but Jamaica gave us a bit to talk about with the announcement of an upcoming fee update.
Jamaica Trademark Fees Updated Effective September 30
When Jamaica joined the Madrid agreement, changes were required to align national procedures and costs with the international process. Jamaica proposed a new series of procedures and fees in 2022 to address these issues and has recently implemented the changes, effective September 30th.
Highlights of the fee increase:
- Application costs (for one class) will be JMD 13,700.
- Upon acceptance of registration (Publication not included), the fee will be JMD 13,700.
- The fee for additional classes will be JMD 4,200.
- Publication in the Intellectual Property Journal will be JMD 4,000.
- The fee for renewal (for one class) will be JMD 19,600.
- The fee for renewal for additional classes will be JMD 4,200.
Details on Jamaica Trademark Costs Can Be Found Here:
Like Trademark Fees? Take A Look Here!
No posts found!