IP Forecaster allows you to generate, save, export and email detailed results by jurisdiction for patent costs. IP Forecaster will generate cost amounts and breakdowns for the full lifecycle of the patent including Application Filing, Prosecution, Allowance/Grant & Maintenance.
You have two primary ways to start a new Patent Forecast:
- First, from the dashboard at the top under Create New Forecast, simply click the button labeled “Patent”. This will take you directly to the Patent Forecast Request screen.
- Alternatively, in the sidebar to the left, click on IP Forecaster, then click on Patents. This loads the main Patent Forecasts screen that will show a searchable listing of any of your saved Patent Forecasts.
- Clicking on the orange button labeled “Add Patent Forecast” will take you directly to the same Patent Forecast Request screen mentioned above.
Let’s generate a Patent Forecast of the application filing costs for a US Patent with 15 claims (3 independent claims) and 50 pages:
- From the Patent Forecast Request screen, first select your Starting Point of United States. You can use type-ahead to narrow the list of countries and either arrow to your selection and hit the enter key or click on the country to select it.
- Now the system has loaded the additional questions needed for your forecast.
- If you would like to add additional countries or custom groups of countries you may do that as well. Filing route options are determined based on the combinations of countries selected. Total claims, independent claims and pages are required and must be entered to proceed.
- Lastly, to the right of the screen under settings, is the Priority Date and anticipated Application Date, cost options (default is include all) and more settings. In this example let’s toggle each cost off so that you only get the application costs in your forecast results.
- More settings allows you to set the currency of your forecast, transmission method, entity size, forecast start date, forecast duration (default is 20 years) and application language.
- Click on the Create Forecast button to generate your forecast.
- Congratulations! You have just completed your first Patent Forecast. The results generate with a total amount, clicking on the arrow by the country and phases allows you to expand those sections for more details.
- If you need to make changes, simply click on the Edit button at the bottom to be taken back to the parameters screen.
If you need any additional assistance, please contact us at email@example.com, and we’ll get you the answers you need!